- Heat oven to 425 F°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease with butter
- Mix eggs and sugar on medium speed until pale yellow and foamy (about 5-8 minutes)
- Add flour, butter, and maple syrup and mix for another two minutes
- Spread evenly on the baking sheet with a spatula and bake for six minutes
- Remove from over and promptly turn cake onto another piece of parchment paper dusted with powdered sugar.
- Roll sponge cake into a tight cylinder and allow to cool completely while preparing the filling.
- Place betters and metal bowl into freezer for a few minutes before whipping cream.
- Whip cream, sugar and vanilla on high speed until stiff peaks form
- Mix in Rum and pecan pieces
- Add vanilla
- Unroll sponge cake, spread whipped filling on the inside and roll tightly.
- Decorate with chopped pecans and powdered sugar.