Pumpkin Anise Bundt Cake
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. powdered anise
- 1 tsp. cardamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- Zest of one orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 oz. container plain yogurt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 2 tbs. orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Pumpkin seeds for topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 F degrees. Grease and flower bundt pan.
- Whisk together dry ingredients and set aside.
- Using the whisk attachment, combine sugar, eggs, and orange zest.
- Add yogurt and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture in three additions alternating with pumpkin puree and oil.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake for 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for at least 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Combine powdered sugar, orange juice and vanilla in a saucepan.
- Heat until sugar is dissolved and glaze is thick and shiny.
- Quickly pour over cake and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.